KSA Engineers, Inc. was hired by the City of Marlin to complete Water Treatment Plant improvements.
This project involved renovation of an existing 2.5 MGD surface water plant by construction of a new 5 MGD ultrafiltration membrane surface water treatment plant:
- Raw water pump station (3 vertical turbine pumps with VFDs) Influent Splitter Box
- Existing Clarifier rehabilitation
- Filter Feed Wet Well and Contact Basin
- Membrane pre-filters
- Ultrafiltration Membrane Filters (2 skids; 108 - 10” cartridges)
- Pre-stressed wire-wound concrete clearwell (0.75 MG) with baffling for 0.5 baffling factor.
- High service pump station (4 vertical turbine pumps with VFDs and 2 backwash pumps with VFDs)
- Chemical feed bulk storage area and feed systems
- Neutralization tank
- Reclaim pond (2 concrete lined basins)
- Sludge holding tank
- Centrifuge for sludge dewatering
- Lab/administration area
The project involved abandonment of the old treatment units with only the existing clarifiers remaining in the treatment scheme. The project was funded by the Texas Water Development Board -Drinking Water SRF program.
KSA completed all civil, electrical, structural, and mechanical engineering for the project, acting as Project Manager and Project Engineer, including: Preliminary Engineering Report, Pilot Testing for Membrane Filters, permitting, environmental assessment, hydraulic profiles, treatment unit sizing, equipment selection/specification, bidding/construction oversight, Tracer Study for Tank, and O&M Manual.