KSA Engineers was authorized by the City of Sugar Land to evaluate the condition of twenty-four (24) existing drainage outfalls in Levee Improvement District No. 2. LID No. 2 is located in the center of the City and is bounded by Williams Trace, Lexington, Settler Way Boulevard and the Brazos River. KSA conducted site visits, documented the condition of existing structures and made recommendations for improvements. KSA summarized our findings in a Preliminary Engineering Report and presented the information to the City and LID No. 2 for review, comment and approval. Based upon our recommendations and quality of work associated with the PER, KSA was authorized to proceed with preparation of plans, specifications and estimates.
PS&E’s were prepared by KSA, submitted to the City and LID No. 2. Comments were received and PS&E’s were revised. Specific improvements included
- Minor Repairs – headwall patching, sediment removal and tree clearing,
- Concrete Headwall Repair – replacement of existing concrete headwall
- End Section Replacement – replacement of existing concrete headwall and portions of storm sewer pipe,
- New Concrete Splash Pads and
- Sliplining or Cured in Place Pipe Rehabilitation.
The project required coordination between the City, LID No. 2 and KSA. PS&E’s included specific notes and details to satisfy LID No. 2 including ingress/egress notes, contractor working conditions, temporary construction easements and site cleanup. The project required a very hands on approach by the Project Manager and Project Engineer to insure that field conditions were properly documented in the PER and PS&E’s.