Bowie Municipal Airport’s apron and taxilane pavement needed reconstruction due to failing areas that made it unsafe for aircraft. The City hired KSA Engineers, Inc. to provide engineering/design services for site development and associated appurtenances for a metal aircraft hanger building system.
The project began in mid-December 2009 and was substantially completed in early August 2010. The contractor for the project was B & B Solvent, Ltd.
- The work designed by KSA included:
- Construction of drainage structures – reinforced concrete pipes (RCP), PCC drainage flumes, and safety end treatments
- Grading to improve airfield drainage
- Construction of an 8-unit nested T-hangar and foundation
- HMAC Taxilane and apron removal and reconstruction
- Construction of two PCC fuel pads
- Taxiway markings and tie-downs
- Seeding and erosion control of all disturbed areas